Protection, Safety and Welfare in the Early Years is a guide designed to help all early years practitioners in ensuring that the early years setting is safeguarding children and carrying out the Welfare Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The book features:
- A guide to best practice in protecting young children and safeguarding their safety and welfare
- A checklist to ensure all areas of protection, safety and welfare have beeien taken into account in your setting
- Case studies of welfare issues that early years settings face
- Activities to promote children's awareness of some of life's dangers in a subtle and positive way, through topics such as safety, stranger danger, and trust and secrets
- A guide to safeguarding children and advice on what steps to follow if you suspect a child is being abused
- How to plan policies and procedures in your setting
This practical guide is an essential read for anyone working in the early years wanting to ensure that their setting is following best practice in this vital area of their responsibility.
Protection, Safety and Welfare is written by Sandy Green, an experienced early years consulatant and writer with over thirty five years of experience in the early years.
"Excellent links to legislation and practice"
Bernadette Turner, Lecturer, Dudley College