This resource has been designed to help leaders and managers navigate their way through
the changes to the Inspection Framework, effective from September 2019, which sets out
how Ofsted intends to inspect early years settings, schools and further education providers.
It explains in detail what these changes are and the implication for early years practice, and
provides a self-evaluation framework to help leaders and managers feel in control of their
It will enable practitioners to:
- understand what has changed, and effectively implement the changes
- become familiar with the terminology used in the new inspection framework.
The 101 audit questions are specifically designed to support leaders and managers:
- evaluate the provision and identify strengths and areas for development
- take appropriate action to address any weaknesses
- manage risks and vulnerabilities of practice
- evidence and justify aspects of practice.